RULES OF GALLERY SHOP EWA JANOWSKA ART
§ 1 DEFINITIONS
- Store under the domain ewajanowska.pl – run by KURAN International Sp. z o.o. entered into the National Court Register No. 0000786115 kept by the District Court in Toruń, VII Commercial Division, with its registered office in Toruń 87-100, ul. Juliana Fałata 17/7, under which, after meeting the conditions provided for by the regulations, users are given the opportunity to conclude contracts for the sale of goods offered within the store.
- User – an entity that meets the conditions of the regulations and has expressed a desire to use the services of ewajanowska.pl by making a Purchase through the website of the website.
- Purchase and sale form – a form available in the Online Store that allows you to purchase without the need to register or create an account and submit declarations of will to the Seller, about accepting the sale offer submitted by him as part of the ewajanowska.pl website. The purchase is equivalent to the acceptance of the Store Regulations.
Seller, Offerer – the owner of the website www.ewajanowska.pl, a limited liability company Kuran International with its registered office in Toruń, ul. Juliana Fałata 17/7
- Buyer, Oblat, Customer:
a) a natural person with full legal capacity, and in cases provided for by generally applicable regulations also a natural person with limited legal capacity;
b) legal person;
c) an organizational unit without legal personality, which the law recognizes as having legal capacity; – who has concluded or intends to conclude a Sales Agreement with the Seller.
5) Goods / Product – an item, service or right that may be the subject of a sale offer, in accordance with the Regulations.
6. Offer – addressed by the Seller to all users of the ewajanowska.pl website, an offer to conclude a contract for the sale of the goods specified therein, for a specified price, governed by art. 66-70 of the Civil Code. The offer may contain additional provisions regarding the future contract, in particular regarding the rules of payment, the rules for bearing the costs of transporting the goods and the date of order fulfillment.
7. Business day – one day from Monday to Friday, excluding Saturday and Sunday and public holidays.
8. Order form – Electronic Service, an interactive form available in the Online Store that allows placing an Order, in particular by adding Products to the electronic basket and defining the terms of the Sales Agreement, including the method of delivery and payment. Order – generated (automatically) by the www.ewajanowska.pl system – as a result of selecting the “order” option by the User. The order in particular indicates to the Buyer what is the value of the order, in addition, what are the rules and terms of payment, the rules and costs of transporting the goods, and the periods of execution of the order. In addition, the order may contain other provisions. Depending on the type of offer, in the order, the user may be entitled to determine the form of payment and determine the rules and costs of transport.
- Shopping Cart – an element of the system that makes it easier for the Buyer to make purchases on ewajanowska.pl, additionally enabling the collection of selected offers in one place and preview of the value of purchases made. The basket is created automatically as a result of using the “Add to basket” option by the Buyer at least one item of the goods. Selecting the “Add to cart” option does not constitute acceptance of the offer by the website www.ewajanowska.pl, or confirmation of its receipt and is not binding on the Buyer or the Seller. The user may at any time remove any selected item of goods from the basket.
10. Acceptance of the offer / acceptance – technical steps taken by the Buyer consisting in accepting the content of the offer (ie accepting it), resulting in the conclusion of a sales contract between the Seller (Bidder) and the Buyer (Oblate).
11. Sale – resulting from the procedure of accepting the offer by the Buyer, legal activity regulated by the content of Art. 535-581 of the Civil Code, and if the buyer is a consumer also the content of the Act of 30 May 2014. on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827, as amended).
12. Regulations – these Regulations for the use of ewajanowska.pl, available at the internet address www.ewajanowska.pl
13. Sales contract – a contract for the sale of a Product concluded or concluded between the Customer and the Seller via the Online Store.
14. Order – Customer’s declaration of will, aimed directly at the conclusion of the Sales Agreement, specifying in particular the type and quantity of the Goods.
- Sale – resulting from the procedure of accepting the offer by the Buyer, legal activity regulated by the content of Art. 535-581 of the Civil Code, and if the buyer is a consumer, also the content of the Act of 30 May on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827, as amended).
§ 2 GENERAL INFORMATION
- These Regulations define the rules for the provision of services consisting in the possibility for Users to use the ewajanowska.pl website, in addition, they define the manner and conditions for concluding sales contracts within the ewajanowska.pl website, indicating what technical activities lead to its conclusion. The Regulations were created on the basis of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services (Journal of Laws, No. 144, item 1204, as amended) by Kuran International Sp. z o.o.
- The service of using the ewajanowska.pl website is intended to provide access to the ewajanowska.pl online store organized in the domain www.ewajanowska.pl or in the domain with the extension www.ewajanowska.pl, under which Users are given the option to conclude (under the conditions specified in these regulations), contracts for the purchase and sale of goods. This service consists in putting into use for an indefinite period, free of charge, of technical means necessary to accept the offer and conclude a sales contract.
- Sales within the ewajanowska.pl store may only take place online via the websites ewajanowska.pl, on the terms set out in these Regulations, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
§ 3 TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO USE THE WEBSITE
§ 4 USERS
- Users of the ewajanowska.pl website may only be: natural persons who are over 18 years of age and have full legal capacity, as well as legal persons and organizational units without legal personality that may acquire rights and incur obligations on their own behalf. Users and Buyers use the website www.ewajanowska.pl free of charge.
- Users are obliged to read the content and comply with the provisions of these Regulations and are obliged to immediately notify the Store en of any violation of the Regulations by other users.
§ 5 REGISTRATION
- The website of the store www.ewajanowska.pl does not allow and does not require registration and setting up a User account.
§ 6 ACCOUNT
- In order to create an Account in the ewajanowska.pl online store, the customer must complete the data at the time of purchase via the online store’s purchase form or in the course of placing an order. For the correct execution of the order, it is necessary to provide basic contact details and an e-mail address, their absence results in the refusal to provide the service by electronic means. After the approval of the Purchase Form, the customer is informed about placing the order to the e-mail address provided by him, at the same time it will be sent to the e-mail address of the ewajanowska.pl Store. This moment is the conclusion of the contract for the provision of electronic services consisting in conducting the Order in the Online Store.
- Upon confirmation of the Order in accordance with paragraph 1, an agreement is concluded between the User and the ewajanowska.pl Store, the subject of which are services and products provided by the ewajanowska.pl Store as part of the ewajanowska.pl website, under the conditions specified in these Regulations.
- Within 14 days from the conclusion of the contract referred to in paragraph 2, the User may withdraw from it without giving reasons by submitting an appropriate declaration in electronic form to the address email@example.com or in writing to the following address: ewajanowska.pl, Juliana Fałata 17/7, 87-100 Toruń.
It does not apply to individual orders / under the order – Goods / Service upon the Customer’s order.
- The user who wants to make a declaration of acceptance of the offer, is obliged, if he already has the selected product / products to be completed in accordance with the actual state, contact details such as: name, surname, street, house number, premises, zip code, city and telephone number. and choose the payment method and complete the payment process to complete it. In addition, users running a business are required to provide the company under which they conduct their business, their NIP (tax identification number) and other necessary data.
- The contact details entered by the User indicate who will be the buyer (party to the sales contract) as a result of accepting the offer, and in case of doubt, the address indicated in the contact details will be the delivery address for the purchased goods.
- Before submitting a declaration of acceptance of the offer, the Buyer should verify that the contact details provided by him are correct and current. The Buyer bears full responsibility towards the Seller for providing false, incomplete or outdated data referred to in paragraph 5.
- The User is not allowed to use the data of other Users and make his data available to other persons, except in the case of sharing the Company’s data with persons duly authorized by the User to represent him and act on his behalf.
- The User may not transfer the rights to the placed order to third parties.
§ 7 PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Providing personal data is completely voluntary, but necessary for the submission and implementation of the Order.
- Personal data is processed by the Data Administrator primarily for the purpose of executing and handling the Order (pursuant to 6 (1) (b) of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons in connection with with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC, hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”). Data processing for any other purpose is possible only with the express consent of the Buyer.
- The buyer has the right to request access to his personal data, rectification, deletion or limitation of processing, the right to object to the processing, as well as the right to transfer data. He also has the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
- The Buyer’s data will be processed for the period related to the implementation and service of the Order, as well as until the claims are time-barred or expire.
- The recipients of the Buyer’s data may be entities carrying out the order on behalf of the Seller and handling it: entities operating the data Administrator’s IT systems, subcontractors and contractors who provide services related to the services provided to you, sales representatives, technical and service support, a company that supports electronic payment transactions, the bank, in the case of choosing the installment payment method, the shipping company carrying out the delivery of the ordered goods, to authorized state authorities.
Section III RULES FOR CONCLUDING CONTRACTS WITHIN THE ewajanowska.pl SHOP
§ 8 GENERAL TERMS
- The ewajanowska.pl store, as the organizer of the ewajanowska.pl website, enables Users to conclude contracts for the sale of Goods on the terms set out in the Regulations and for this purpose provides Users with appropriate system tools.
- The ewajanowska.pl store is a party to transactions made with Users and guarantees the possibility of concluding and performing the concluded sales contract.
- The sale of goods on the ewajanowska.pl website may only take place in the offer mode.
§ 9 OFFER
1. All prices of goods on the ewajanowska.pl website are given in Polish zlotys (Kuran International Sp.z o.o. is not a VAT taxpayer)
2. All offered products are brand new, and custom-made goods are handmade and may slightly differ from the original due to the natural and unique properties of paints, concrete, wood or metal.
3. Some of the goods offered may be temporarily unavailable, about which the User will be informed by an employee of the Store pl via the website www.ewajanowska.pl at the latest at the beginning of the order or to the e-mail address provided within a maximum of 3 days from the date of placing the order.
4. The photo of the product posted on the website may slightly differ from the actual condition – due to the different properties of displays in devices, i.e. telephones, computers, etc.
5. The Seller reserves the right to:
a) introducing new goods to the online store’s offer;
b) withdrawing products from the store’s offer;
c) conducting and canceling promotional campaigns on the store’s websites or introducing changes to them;
d) cancellation of the order placed by the customer and return of the advance payment;
6) The offer is the will to conclude a contract of sale of the goods specified therein for a specific price, directed by the Seller to all Users of the ewajanowska.pl website, regulated by the content of art. 66-70 of the Civil Code.
7. The Seller, in order to conclude a sales contract, submits offers for the sale of goods as part of the ewajanowska.pl website. When specifying the content of the offer, the seller is obliged to comply with the content of these Regulations and at least indicate: the subject of the contract (describe in detail the type of goods sold) and the selling price of the goods.
8. In addition, the offer may contain additional provisions regarding the future contract, in particular regarding the rules and terms of payment, the rules for bearing the costs of transporting the goods and the date of order fulfillment.
9. The description of the Goods should be reliable and complete and may not mislead other Users, in particular as to the properties of the goods, such as: its quality, origin, brand or manufacturer. The description of the goods should comply with the legal requirements, in particular, it should contain information required in certain circumstances, including information indicated in the applicable consumer protection regulations. The seller is fully responsible for the content placed by him in the description of the offer, including it is responsible for any errors or inaccuracies in such description.
10. Before accepting the offer, the Buyer should pay special attention to the payment rules provided for by the Seller (traditional transfer, payment card, fast transfer 24 hours).
- The costs of transport are borne by the Buyer / User, unless the terms of delivery have been agreed otherwise in writing. If neither the contract nor the orders specifying the price indicate who is charged with the costs of delivering and collecting the goods, the Seller shall bear the costs of delivery, in particular the costs of packaging, insurance for the time of transport and the costs of sending the goods, and the Buyer shall bear the costs of collecting the goods. If the item is to be shipped to a place that is not the place of performance, insurance and shipping costs are borne by the buyer.
12. The offer is binding on the Seller for the period specified therein or until its cancellation. The offer is canceled by removing it or marking it as unavailable on the ewajanowska.pl website.
13. The subject of the offer may not be items, services and rights, the sale of which violates applicable law or the rights of third parties (in particular copyrights and other intellectual property rights), as well as the display of which may be considered as a breach of good manners.
§ 10 ORDER
- The user who wants to accept a specific offer, in order to get acquainted with the details of the transaction, should select the “order” option in the order form, as a result of which the pl service system will automatically generate the order.
- The order is information indicating to the User the content of the future contract concluded as a result of accepting the offer.
- At the ordering stage, depending on the type of offer, the User will be able to choose the method of payment and obtain information on transport costs or the rules for bearing them.
- Entrepreneurs wishing to receive an invoice (without VAT – the company KURAN International Sp.z o.o. is not a VAT taxpayer) for the order, are required to provide data enabling its issuing, in particular NIP number. If the sale to the Entrepreneur is to be documented with an Invoice for the data of the person placing the order, failure to provide the NIP number when placing the order will result in the inability to issue a correct Invoice to the Entrepreneur later.
§ 11 ACCEPTANCE OF THE OFFER
- The user who has read the content of the offer and accepts the terms of the Order may accept the offer. The technical action leading to the acceptance of the offer consists of clicking on a correctly completed order form, the option send the order, as a result of which an e-mail message will be sent to the e-mail address provided in the registration form, informing the user about placing a specific order.
- As a result of the acceptance of the offer by the User (hereinafter referred to as the Buyer) by confirming the order, a sales contract is concluded between the Parties.
- The parties to the sales contract are obliged to perform the contract in accordance with its content and in the scope not regulated by it, in accordance with the law.
- Upon acceptance of the offer, the Buyer agrees to provide the Seller with information including the contact details contained in his Account or in the order form.
- The Seller is obliged to provide the Buyer with a document of the concluded contract or confirmation of its conclusion, recorded on paper or, with the consent of the Buyer, on another durable medium (e.g. in the form of a PDF file). → the act on consumer rights.
- After placing the order by the customer, the online store verifies it against the current stock levels. The online store reserves the right to correct the order in relation to the physical inventory of the store.
7. The acceptance of the offer is tantamount to reading and accepting the content of the Regulations.
§ 12 ORDER COMPLETION DATE
- The date of delivery of the purchased goods is given in the description of the product and it is an approximate time of order fulfillment from the date of the contract. However, if the Buyer chooses the form of payment referred to in §12 section 1 lit. a, c, d, e, g of the Regulations, the time limit starts to run from the moment the money is credited to the bank account → art. 543 (1) of the Civil Code.
- The order fulfillment time is understood as the time that elapses from the commencement of the order by the Seller to the moment the Buyer receives the goods.
- With the consent of the Buyer, an order for goods with different delivery times is sent after completing the entire order.
- The Seller reserves the right to extend the delivery time or cancel the order for reasons beyond its control (e.g. holiday period, shortages of a full-value product, holiday breaks, damage to goods in the warehouse, etc.).
- In terms of the current epidemiological situation related to corona-virus, we would like to inform you that we are obliged to inform you about the possibility of problems with the timely execution of certain orders for reasons beyond our control, i.e. quarantine of some of the courier’s employees, which automatically contributes to the extension fulfillment of the carrier’s orders, border closure.
- In the event of cancellation by the Seller of the order, all amounts paid by the Buyer for that order will be refunded to the Buyer.
§ 13 FORMS OF PAYMENT
1. When placing an order, the Buyer chooses the form of payment:
a) traditional bank transfer to the account number 54 1140 2004 0000 3302 7879 7032 at mBank
c) full prepayment to the store’s account;
d) credit card payment on the Website via Stripe
e) obligatory advance payment in the case of a non-standard order (implemented according to the individual requirements of the Buyer).
2) If the Customer chooses the method of payment by bank transfer or electronic payment, the order processing time is counted from the moment the payment is credited to the Seller’s bank account or the settlement account of payment intermediaries until the Goods are completed and shipped.
§ 14 CONDITIONS OF DELIVERY
- Orders shipped by courier. The cost of transport is from PLN 25.
- Delivery of products / goods by a transport company commissioned by ewajanowska.pl – a paid service, unless the Sales Agreement provides otherwise.
- In the case of placing an order for a non-prefabricated Product, manufactured according to the Customer’s specification, the delivery time is from 1 to 12 weeks from the date of placing the Order, unless the Sales Agreement provides otherwise.
- In the case of placing an order for a Product, the delivery date is 10 business days from the date of placing the Order, unless the Sales Agreement provides otherwise.
- If the Customer chooses the method of payment by bank transfer, electronic payment or credit card – the delivery date is counted from the date of crediting the Seller’s bank account or settlement account.
§ 15 DELIVERY AND COLLECTION
- Orders are delivered by courier. Transport cost: standard pricing or, in unusual cases, individual pricing.
- Personal collection of the Product by the Customer is free of charge.
- The Buyer is individually notified about the expected time of completion by phone or e-mail at the time of confirming the order.
- In the pre-holiday periods (due to the increased number of orders) and in the event of bad weather conditions on the roads, the Store may experience an extended delivery time.
- If, after agreeing by phone or e-mail, the customer confirms the date of receipt of the parcel by courier and does not collect it, he will be charged with additional costs of returning the delivery.
- Product delivery is available in the territory of the Republic of Poland, the EU and outside the EU.
- After delivering the parcel to its destination, the Customer is obliged to inspect the condition of the parcel before collecting it from the carrier. If, before the delivery of the shipment, it turns out that it has suffered a shortage or damage, the carrier is obliged to immediately establish the condition of the shipment and the circumstances of the damage occurring in a protocol. The carrier also performs these activities at the request of the recipient of the shipment (the Customer), if he finds that the shipment is broken.
§ 16 CONSUMER RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE CONTRACT
- Pursuant to the Act of May 30, 2014 on the rights, the Buyer may withdraw from the sales contract without giving any reason within 14 days from the date of receipt of the goods.
- In the event of withdrawal from the contract, the goods are returned at the Buyer’s expense, to the store’s address in Toruń, ul. Juliana Fałata 17/7 87-100 Toruń, Poland. The goods should be returned to the seller within 3 days from the date of submitting the letter of withdrawal from the contract, in perfect condition, intact (without damage or defects). The product returned in this mode should be sent back together with the original proof of purchase.
- In order to withdraw from the contract, the Buyer should, within 14 days from the date of receipt of the goods, send the Seller a declaration by registered mail to the address of the store in Toruń, 87-100 Toruń, ul. Juliana Fałata 17/7, or in electronic form via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, an example form available at the end of these Regulations.
- The Buyer is not entitled to withdraw from the contract in relation to a contract in which the subject of the service are non-prefabricated Products, created according to the Buyer’s specifications (this applies in particular to individual orders, special orders, personalized projects).
- The buyer is responsible for the decrease in the value of the product as a result of using it in a way that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the product.
6. The Seller undertakes to settle accounts with the Buyer without undue delay, no later than within 14 days from the date of receipt of the declaration of withdrawal from the contract and return of the product from the Buyer. The Seller shall refund the payment to the Buyer’s account number indicated in the withdrawal form. The buyer is obliged to return a full-fledged product
a) The Buyer bears direct and full costs of returning (and securing) the intact product.
b) In the case of a Product that is a service, the performance of which – at the express request of the Buyer – began before the deadline to withdraw from the contract, the Buyer who exercises the right to withdraw from the contract after submitting such a request, is obliged to pay for the services fulfilled until the withdrawal from the contract . The amount of the payment is calculated in proportion to the scope of the service provided, taking into account the price or remuneration agreed in the contract. If the price or remuneration is excessive, the basis for calculating this amount is the market value of the service provided.
7. In the event of withdrawal from the contract from an individual order, i.e. on a special customer order, the amount of the advance or payment is not refundable.
- The returned goods must be in perfect and full-fledged condition, with no signs of use, damage, dirt or interference. The original of the sales document, the original Certificate, and the completed and signed product return form must be attached to the returned goods. The buyer is obliged to properly secure the returned goods so as to prevent their damage in transport. If the delivered goods are incomplete or have traces of use that go beyond the ordinary management of the item, the Seller reserves the right to claim damages from the Buyer, to the extent permitted by applicable law, or failure to return the due amount.
§ 17 THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE CONTRACT FOR ENTERPRISES
- Withdrawal from the contract by the Entrepreneur is possible only when the defect of the Good is significant and deprives the Good of its functionality. The entrepreneur is obliged to examine the Goods immediately after receiving them.
- In relation to Entrepreneurs, the liability under the warranty for defects specified in art. 556 – Art. 576 of the Civil Code is entitled only if the Entrepreneur has examined the Goods immediately after receiving them.
- Upon the release of the Goods being the subject of the Sales Agreement to the carrier, the benefits and burdens related to the Products and the risk of their accidental loss or damage shall be transferred to the Entrepreneur.
- The entrepreneur is obliged to inform the Seller about the intention to withdraw from the Sales Agreement or to exercise the warranty right immediately, no later than 7 days from the date of receipt of the goods.
- The deadline for responding to the complaint submitted by the Entrepreneur is extended to 21 days.
- In addition to the rules set out separately in this part, the provisions of 16 and § 19 of the Regulations shall apply accordingly.
§ 18 COMPLAINTS
- Complaints about mechanical damage to the product caused during transport will be considered only if the damage report is signed by the Buyer with the courier of the transport company.
a) Complaints about glasses and mirrors will be considered after presenting the damage report, written with the carrier (please check the glasses when collecting the parcel in the presence of the courier) due to the lack of a written protocol, complaints about mechanical damage to glasses and mirrors will be paid for.
2. Failure to draw up a damage report by the Buyer and the supplier of the shipment within 72 hours from the delivery of the goods is treated as evidence that at the time of delivery the goods did not have any visible mechanical defects. Therefore, the Seller’s liability for such defects is excluded and the Buyer loses the right to advertise them.
3. The condition for considering the complaint is to attach to the complaint a copy of the Invoice, a copy of the Certificate or Warranty Card (if issued) and – in the case of complaining about defects caused by transport – a copy of the damage report written with the carrier.
4. All complaints are considered within 14 working days of their receipt by letter at the registered office at the latest.
5. The condition for accepting a Complaint is that:
a) general principles of use and maintenance;
b) detailed rules of use and maintenance contained in the instructions accompanying the product;
6. Slight differences in colors cannot be the basis for a complaint about the purchased goods. All the colors of the products presented in the store are indicative only, as above. the aforementioned differences in equipment displays.
7. Products shipped outside Poland are subject to warranty in Poland.
§ 19 WARRANTY – CONSUMER
- The Seller is obliged to provide the Consumer with an item free from physical or legal defects.
- The seller is responsible for the defect of the new goods if it is found within two years from the date of delivery of the goods to the consumer.
- The provisions on warranty apply to the terms and rights of the Consumer and the Seller (Articles 556 – 576 of the Civil Code).
- The Seller is released from liability under the warranty if the Consumer knew about the defect at the time of concluding the Sales Agreement.
- The consumer cannot exercise the right to withdraw from the contract under the warranty if the defect is irrelevant.
- The complaint does not constitute a basis for a complaint, slight differences in the external appearance of the Goods issued to the Consumer in comparison with the appearance of the Goods (also of the same type, brand and model) presented in a graphic form in the Online Store, which may result from other settings of the Consumer’s monitor, lighting conditions, etc. factors. related only to using the Internet for shopping.
- The notification of the defectiveness of the Goods should include: the consumer’s name and surname, the type of non-compliance found with a description of what it consists of, a photo of the Goods complained about, if possible, and a relevant request to bring the goods to a condition consistent with the contract. The notification should be made by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com or to the address of the Seller:
Store ewajanowska.pl ul. Juliana Fałata 17/7, 87-100 Toruń
- The consumer who exercises the rights under the warranty is obliged to deliver the defective item at the Seller’s expense to the Seller’s address: firstname.lastname@example.org, Juliana Fałata 17/7, 87-100 Toruń
- The Seller will respond to the Consumer’s request immediately, no later than within 14. The response to the complaint is sent to the e-mail address provided by the Consumer or in another manner provided by the Consumer.
- After considering the complaint (both positive and negative), the Seller returns the Goods at his own expense directly to the Seller. informing him about the possibility of personal collection of the Goods or the possibility of sending them again at the expense of the Consumer. The consumer has 30 days to collect the returned Goods in person or to submit a re-shipment statement. After this deadline is exceeded, the returned Goods are considered unwanted / abandoned. The Seller, who is entitled to charge the Consumer’s storage costs, and in the absence of storage space for disposal of the Goods at the Consumer’s cost and risk. In the event of disposal, the Seller is not obliged to refund the purchase price to the Consumer.
DZIAŁ IV FINAL PROVISIONS
§ 20 TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT
- The user appearing on the ewajanowska.pl website may terminate the contract for a specific Account at any time by completing the appropriate form available at the end of these Regulations, including a declaration of termination of the contract, and then confirmation of the entered data. The contract is terminated with immediate effect upon confirmation of the data.
- Agreements concluded between the Seller and the Buyer are concluded in Polish.
- The use of services provided electronically is associated with special risks resulting from the interference of persons. The Seller has no influence on the operation and availability of the Internet. Buyers who make payments using “electronic payments” should protect the information in a special way against disclosure to third parties.
- The Seller reserves the right to amend these regulations for significant reasons, a change in the law.
- In the area not covered by these regulations, the relevant provisions of Polish law shall apply, in particular: the Civil Code, the Act on the provision of electronic services of July 18, 2002, the Act on consumer rights and May 30, 2014.
- If the contract has been terminated on the basis of the decision of the ewajanowska.pl Store, the User may not use the option of purchasing through ewajanowska.pl without the prior consent of the website owner.
- The Seller may terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services for an indefinite period of continuous nature in the event that the Customer provides unlawful content or content that violates decency or the provisions of these Regulations with immediate effect.
§ 21 COMPLAINT PROCEDURE
- The User may submit a complaint if the services provided for in these Regulations are not provided by the ewajanowska.pl Store or are carried out contrary to the content of the contract or provisions
- Complaints may be submitted in electronic form via e-mail or traditional written / letter. The complaint should contain at least the name of the Product, data for the User ordered on the website and a description of the objections raised.
- The ewajanowska.pl store considers the complaint within 14 days from the date of its receipt in the correct form.
- The response to the complaint is sent only to the e-mail address provided in the letter.
- In particularly justified cases, the website owner may send a reply to another e-mail address indicated by the complainant, which is not assigned to the Buyer.
§ 22 DISPUTES
- The law applicable to the contract between the User and the ewajanowska.pl Store, the subject of which are services provided by the ewajanowska.pl Store as part of the www.ewajanowska.pl website under the conditions specified in the Regulations, is Polish law.
- Any disputes related to the services provided by the ewajanowska.pl Store will be settled by the competent Polish court. The user who is a consumer has the option of using an out-of-court complaint and redress procedure before the Permanent Consumer Arbitration Court at the Provincial Inspector of Trade Inspection in Toruń. Information on how to access the above-mentioned mode and procedures for resolving disputes can be found at the following address: www.uokik.gov.pl, in the tab “Settlement of consumer disputes”.
§ 23 POWER OF THE REGULATIONS
- If any provision of the Regulations is considered invalid by a final court decision, the remaining provisions shall remain in force, unless without the invalid provisions, the application of the Regulations would become impossible.
§ 24 COPYRIGHT
1. The graphics, photos, content and descriptions of the Goods presented on the website of the Online Store are the property of the Seller and may not be modified, copied and distributed without the consent of the Seller.
§ 24 BINDING REGULATIONS
- The Regulations are available at https://www.ewajanowska.pl/regulamin
- The Regulations enter into force upon their publication on the website https://www.ewajanowska.pl/regulamin
- The website owner has the right to amend these Regulations. The User, within 14 days, has the right to submit a declaration of withdrawal. The User’s silence is tantamount to accepting the changes to the Regulations.
- Any changes to the Regulations come into force 14 days after their publication on this website https://www.ewajanowska.pl/regulamin.
- Amendments to the Regulations will not in any way infringe the rights of customers using the Online Store before the date of entry into force of the amendments, in particular, they will not affect the placed and / or implemented orders. Orders accepted for execution are subject to the Regulations in force at the time of placing the order.